APQP Engineering Coordinator
Lansing, MI 48917
Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS) is seeking a APQP Engineering Coordinator to work in the Lansing, MI area. This position offers a variety of great benefits, including health insurance, 401(k), and paid time off.
This position reports directly to the APQP Manager and is responsible for the general and specific job duties as described below: • Coordinate implementation of Engineering Changes in the Change Management System (ECR / ECN) with APQP, Finance, Purchasing, Sales, IT, Materials, and Production teams (Mold / Paint / Assembly). • Coordinate implementation of New Model Launch Programs with Finance, Purchasing, Sales, IT, and Materials. • Coordinate implementation of Service Engineering Changes and Launch New Model Programs • Coordinate implementation for Rocker Pass through for ECN processing of new part numbers. • Coordinate implementation of New Colors. • Submit IMDS in the Material Data System for successful customer PPAP.
Process ECN form for APQP Department Program Managers and upload the form into the Change Management System after Manager Review. • Monitor customer sales contracts and work orders. • Reviews EWO' s, checks QAD for components, and verify QAD BOM' s with APQP Dept Program Information Sheets. • Reviews BOM' s after Finance completes the process in QAD. • Review' s Material' s 1.16 in QAD. • Maintain an ECN tracker sheet • Maintain a PPAP tracker sheet • Maintain a TWO tracker Sheet • Holds weekly Engineering Change meetings • Submit IMDS • Attends and supports Program Manger' s New Model Launch meetings: • Create slides for color' s, ECN' s, and Service for each program • Service Engineering Changes and Launch New Service Programs • Keep a good working relationship with OEM Service Engineers • Work closely with Service Engineers • Maintain SPOC in GM Supply Power for New Model Launch • Process ECN' s, submit IMDS, and PPAP • Rocker Pass Through parts: • Coordinate with the suppliers on Engineering Changes, Maintain Program Information Sheets (PIS) and process ECN' s • Reviews new Rocker panel part number requests from the customer EWO documents • New Colors for painted component parts: • Review EWO from OEM • Notify departments of color changes • Request Paint Department for quotes • Submit an IRFQ to Sales for quote • Monitor contracts for ECN creation • Coordinate with Paint AAR approval and PPAP submissions • Mark the New colors in the QAD PPAP approved tracking system • Interfaces with various departments on program related issues. • Attend meetings for problem solving • Other • Trainer for Multiple Departments: • ECN Process, TWO Process, G3PS, Service, Covisint, IMDS, BOM review • Administrator for Covisint: GM Supply Power • Administrator for G3PS – GM pre-production part ordering system • Administrator for APQP CAQ in QMS document Control system • Participate in Lean Thinker idea submissions • Keep a 5 S clean work area
Knowledge and Education
• Technical or manufacturing related 2 year college degree is preferred
• Minimum 5 years of manufacturing experience
Skills and Competencies
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills • Must demonstrate excellent math and organizational skills • Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills • Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power point • Must be proficient in QAD system • Must be proficient in GM Supply Power / GQTS / SQMS (covisint)
• This position requires a person to have the ability to perform work while sitting or standing for up to 8 hour days and the ability to lift up to 10 pounds on an infrequent basis. Good vision at a close distance is required for computer monitors. Ability to climb stairs is necessary.
• You will receive training to perform your job on an on-going basis concurrent with business operations. Training areas will include safety, quality, continuous improvement and other job specific training that is determined to be an essential part of your job and business operations.
About Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS)
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(k) with a company match; paid holidays and vacations; tuition reimbursement. To learn more, go to www.Wehirepeople.Com or click below to directly contact your recruiter.