Rockford, MI 49341
ITS has a client in the Rockford, Mi area seeking a Utilities Estimator. This is a full time direct hire position with full benefits.
The estimator is responsible for developing cost and resource estimates on projects for Power Line, HV Electrical Substation, and Natural Gas projects as required by client' s request for proposal process and provides complete conceptual and total bid price.
- Attends pre-bid meetings, collects information, and previews jobsites to understand scope of work to bid.
- Review client drawings and specifications and prepare information to build estimate
- Present initial estimate to operations leadership for final bid review.
- Prepare RFQ' s for Vendors, material pricing and Subcontractors pricing
- Analyze post job data to bid data to identify trends and provide feedback to all necessary Kent Power employees in order to support continual process improvement.
- Continually seeks to identify trends and applies learnings to create efficiencies and improve processes.
- Continually seeks and applies developmental opportunities, including, but not limited to; visiting jobsites to learn unfamiliar construction processes.
- Facilitates bid hand off meetings once an award letter is received, ensures general foreman and project management team have relevant data to successfully execute the job.