Transmission Project Estimator Senior
New Albany, OH
- Support project sponsors in development of conceptual estimates; collaborate with engineering, project management, and other stakeholders in the development of the detailed project scope of work, including for very complex projects; prepare detailed project cost estimates based on the approved scope of work.
- Interface with planning, engineering, project engineering/management, outage management, construction, and operating company personnel to identify/initiate, scope, status and follow-up estimate efforts (if necessary). This role includes providing recommendations and guidance to interfacing groups/individuals regarding estimate approach and input requirements.
- Assist with the establishment of policies and procedures for allocating risk-based contingency; monitor labor market trends; work closely with Procurement and Transmission Performance Management to track equipment pricing trends; develop and analyze historical records of project costs; review and critique designs and specifications for cost effectiveness and suggests alternatives when appropriate
- Adhere to standard processes and procedures for estimating; review estimate basis and assumptions for completeness and reasonableness. Work with functional departments and service organization to develop services labor estimates.
- Provide advanced technical direction and guidance regarding estimate approach/development, assumptions/qualifications and resolution of estimate issues.
- Provide lead estimating on unique, one-of-a-kind estimate requests, which could contain new technology work scope that would require additional research and creative approached to estimate development.
- Assist with the oversight, review and analysis of estimates prepared for AEP by contractors. Provide oversight on contract estimates to project managers and engineers with respect to basis of estimate, benchmarking, labor and equipment costs, unit rates, schedule, site conditions, removal and repair scope, and other costs and contingency.
- Assist with maintaining the integrity of the estimating software and associated resource and assembly cost data.
- Assist with the mentoring and development of less experienced Project Estimators.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of ethical behavior and support the Company' s Corporate Compliance Policy.
Bachelor' s degree in Construction Management, Project Management or related field of study, PLUS a minimum of four (4) years of experience in power generation and/or transmission system estimating, engineering, design or construction execution for capital projects; experience with estimating software packages required; experience with Primavera a plus; strong knowledge of current market pricing trends and construction execution for capital projects required; strong communication skills required.
About Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS)
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(k) with a company match; paid holidays and vacations; tuition reimbursement. To learn more, go to www.Wehirepeople.Com or click below to directly contact your recruiter.