Tool & Die Maker
Springfield, OH 45504
- Troubleshoots and repairs production tools. Operates machinery required to build necessary parts or repair parts. Knowledgeable in most toolroom machinery.
- Repair and install die sensor and safety devices.Lays out, fits, and assembles parts to make and repair cutting tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, etc.
- Studies blueprint to determine machining to be done and plans layout and process.
- Uses measuring instruments to verify dimensions and alignments.
- Disassembles die if necessary to repair, sharpen, or strengthen die attributes.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area.
- Performs duties in a safe manner with attention to quality.
- Operates forklift and overhead cranes.
- Lock out/tag out is required to do press calls.
- All other related duties as assigned
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or GED required. Experience with operations of various machinery (lathes, mills, grinders, etc.) preferred.