- Performs a variety of routine design assignments under the direction of an engineer with increasing responsibility based on performance.
- Receives close supervision on new aspects of assignment but has some freedom to exercise judgment in making engineering decisions.
- Drafts interpretation of own design into completed working drawings and applies design fundamentals to design.
- Projects may include Utility (conduit and piping) support
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Structural or Civil Associates Degree or any related engineering technology.
- 3-8 years of experience.
- Experience with AutoCAD and REVIT required.
- Prefer experience with seismic building codes.
- Self-motivation to clarify scope of work, anticipate issues, propose options and find cost-effective or schedule driven solutions. Problem-solving and flexibility in fast-paced environment. Ability to provide clear direction and expectations to designers and contractors. Practical field-experience with active involvement in construction areas preferred. High tolerance for ambiguity and change.
- Valid driver's license required.