Sr Estimating Engineer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review quantity take-offs, analysis, estimate, and studies for all items incorporated in the assigned scope.
- Take lead role in lump sum bids.
- Review drawings, specifications and all other construction documents. Make senior management aware of design-related problems, completeness of documents and other potential risks.
- Work in conjunction with Operations to ensure that detailed General Conditions/Requirements estimates are prepared, and review with others as needed.
- Responsible for the value engineering process during preconstruction for the assigned projects.
- Manage the Estimating Engineers and Assistant Estimating Engineers, including completing performance evaluations.
- Ensure strict adherence to safety, QA/QC, ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
- Manage the allocation of work hours for staff assigned to projects to ensure it is within budgetary guidelines.
- Communicate and collaborate with Operations and Purchasing during preconstruction efforts.
- Develop and enhance owner, architect, subcontractor and vendor relations.
- Analyze cost data, unit prices, back-page costs, and information that can be developed and used as a " rule of thumb for all building systems estimated costs.
- Responsible for the preparation of preliminary estimates and studies during preconstruction to monitor design development cost trends in order to detect over-runs and potential problem areas.
- Ensure assigned tasks are completed and delivered with timeframes allotted.
- Assists Purchasing in evaluating and analyzing subcontractor proposals.
- Derive systems quantities from BIM models and other estimating software in order to provide complete estimate
- Bachelor degree in engineering, construction management, building construction or similar
- 6+ years of estimating experience
- Knowledge of building construction, materials, systems, market conditions and trade practices.
- Experience in project engineering, field supervision or purchasing is desirable
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft office suite programs, Prolog Manager and Primavera scheduling desirable.