Canal Winchester, OH 43110
ITS has a client in the Canal Winchester, OH area seeking a Construction Safety Specialist. This is a direct hire role with full benefits.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform regular, monthly (at a minimum) visits to each Foreman' s job sites. Complete safety inspection s using the HCSS Safety Program. Record and address both positive and negative observations made in the field.
- Ensure and maintain that all safety equipment on job sites is inspected and up to date.
- Work to develop Project Safety Plan, Emergency Action Plans, Wire Pull Plans and other associated plans as required.
- Ensure that all contractors work safely in accordance with the site safety plan.
- Lead and participate in incident reporting and investigations as needed.
- Assist in safety manual improvements, HCSS safety training development and OSHA/MIOSHA written program development.
- Lead in-house training with managers and employees regarding health and safety issues, risks and related topics.
- Work directly with management teams to develop mew safety policies, refine existing policies, and draft construction-related safety specifications.
- Regularly attend bi-monthly tailgate meetings to discuss field safety topics and issues, and to assist with any resolutions.
This job operates in a professional office environment, on the road and on the job site. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. On job sites, the employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position may be performed in outside weather conditions as necessary.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor' s degree in a related field.
- Five years of experience in the Safety Field, preferably in the utility industry.