Auburn Hills, MI
PURPOSE AND DESCRIPTION:
The purpose of a Senior Technical Specialist is to provide customers (internal and external) and field service engineers with advanced telephone based and/or on-site project coordination.
- Ability to discuss, diagnosis, & repair robot operational and process problems as reported by the customer or service engineer.
- Answer technical support phone calls and properly log, identify the problem and follow up with a thoroughly researched solution.
- Create Technical Support Log (TSL) tickets by following the TSL creation guideline.
- Respond to customer email web requests
- Utilize online documentation and hardcopy manuals to locate appropriate troubleshooting steps and/or technical information to be sent to internal and external customers.
- Maintain a high level of availability to answer customer phone calls.
- Flexible with supporting 2nd or 3rd shift based on customer demand and/or group Client shortages.
- Flexible with supporting " on-call” after hours support from the Call Center paging system.
- Flexible with supporting & leading special projects as needed.
- Willingness to be process owner of new department technical support strategies.
- Willingness (but not limited to) to be assigned department responsibilities for scheduling, assignments and distribution of incoming customer support issues.
- Robot and system programming and path editing of robots and related peripheral equipment to restore, maintain or optimize system performance
- Participate in the integration and/or installation of robots and related peripheral equipment in order to fully understand its operation, performance requirements, and troubleshooting procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic prints and related technical documentation
- Ability to read and interpret PLC ladder logic
- Extensive experience with robots, controllers and peripheral equipment
- Extensive experience with common robot applications and programming (spot welding, arc welding, material handling, palletizing)
- Excellent written skills with the ability to write instructions, technical answers, and customer emails in a clear, grammatically correct, and professional manner.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical, Software, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering or related robotic technical discipline or equivalent relevant experience.
- Minimum five years related experience in customer service and customer interaction
- Minimum eight years Robotics Integration/Installation/Service Experience
- Mechanical/Electrical/Pneumatic Troubleshooting, Teardown, and Repair Experience
- Computer programming or related PLC or robotic programming
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(k) with a company match; paid holidays and vacations; tuition reimbursement. To learn more, go to www.Wehirepeople.Com or click below to directly contact your recruiter.