Responsibilities in this position will have significant impact on company operations as a result of staffing requirements for a number of different positions within the organization. Position will require the establishment and maintenance of strong relationships with various requirement sources and requires knowledge and experience in recruiting.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES - ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS and TASKS:
1. Perform full-cycle recruiting duties including; recruiting, screening, interviewing and recommending for hire applicants for professional, administrative and management positions.
2. Develop and maintain contacts with schools, employment and government agencies, other companies, community organizations and other applicant sources for a pipeline of diverse talent. Use social media tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and others to promote openings and source for qualified candidates.
3. Coordinate employment advertising and sourcing activities in a manner consistent with optimizing recruiting results through analysis of the cost and effectiveness of such activities. Recommend changes consistent with the conclusions reached from such analysis.
4. Interview and provide job and career counseling to applicants and deliver prompt follow-up and feedback to candidates throughout the hiring process.
5. Stay abreast of and be proficient in the Company's Employee Selection Procedure and Staffing checklist. In conjunction, complete on a timely basis all required actions in the administration of this procedure and checklist.
6. Assist in the preparation of various reports related to the employment function, including Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) reporting requirements.
7. With guidance, prepare salary offer recommendations, consistent with internal equity requirements and market pricing standards, with any applicable approvals of Compensation and appropriate department managers.
8. Educate and council hiring managers on AEP's hiring practices and AAP diversity placement goals and ensure thorough consideration is given to diversity candidates.
9. Review requests for openings to ensure that proper approvals are secured; meet with management to determine appropriate job requirements and salary levels in terms of availability in the market.
Education: Bachelor's degree.
Experience: Three years' corporate experience in recruitment and placement of applicants in professional and management level exempt positions including 1 years of knowledge and experience working with electronic applicant systems and internet recruiting sources.
1) Basic knowledge of human resources evaluation methods, policies, practices and procedures, including AAP/OFCCP compliance.
2) Basic knowledge of Uniform Employee Selection Procedure and Employment Interviewer certification.
3) Certified People Sourcing Professional (CPSP) and/or AIRS recruiting experience preferred
4) Experience with Boolean search writing is preferred