Cleveland, OH 44109
Responsibilities of the Quality Inspector
- Must know basic quality terms, definitions and concepts.
- Must know basic statistical terms and techniques, how to plot data and how to recognize out-of-control conditions.
- Must know the definition of PDCA and understand the team concept.
- Must understand types of measurement, measurement terminology and the different types of measurement scales.
- Must know the difference between accuracy and precision and be able to select the appropriate measuring tools and techniques.
- Must know how to measure using surface plate layouts.
- Must be able to identify/recognize inspection errors and initiate resolution.
- Must have basic calibration knowledge.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and know definitions of critical, major and minor characteristics.
- Must have a general knowledge of ASME Y14.5M, working knowledge of GD&T, and must understand the x, y, z coordinate system.
- Must be able to use inspection planning tools and perform a product audit; determine sample size for lots; pull random samples.
- Must be able to identify and report nonconforming material.
- Must understand traceability (product, material and calibration).
- Must have a strong knowledge of basic mathematical operations and perform measurement conversions; be able to solve for x; add and subtract degrees, minutes, and seconds.