- Works directly with suppliers on technical issues affecting the quality of their materials and related processes. Activity includes tooling capability review, process assessment, and placement/review of appropriate part and material gauging.
- Visits and confers with representatives of potential and existing material and component suppliers to review supplier quality performance requirements, setting of quality standards, and assessment of capability to meet them.
- Manages the PPAP process for their respective materials responsibility.
- Actively participates in team or individual actions required as part of formal change requests, corrective actions, or cost reduction initiatives.
- Works with engineers to develop/update Product Quality Control Plans that establish and clarify quality requirements for products being designed or in current production to both prevent and/or rectify existing problems. Works as a Product Development Program team memberm as assigned.
- Develops and deploys software, forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Evaluates the precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities. Responsible for assuring gauge calibration as assigned.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility.
- Directs workers engaged in inspection, measuring and testing of product and tabulating data concerning materials, product, or process quality and reliability.
- Actively participates in the ISO system by preparing procedures and instructions, training on quality requirements and auditing system processes.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned; i.E. Special projects, programs, developmental activities, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS degree in an engineering or technical discipline
- 3-5+ years of Quality function experience
- ISO 9000 system installation and management
- Problem solving
- Statistics, capability studies and data analysis
- Personal computing software - Word, Xcell, statistical packages, etc.