Punch Press Operator
Toledo, OH 43607
Operates mechanical press equipment to shape materials used in manufacturing operations. Performs operations such as blanking, bending, punching, forming, etc., on a variety of materials, based on blueprints and other instructions.
- Plans machine setup by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters, interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Sets up and operates hydraulic or punch presses to trim, punch, shape, notch, draw, or crimp metal stock
- Assembles, installs, and aligns dies in press according to specifications, using feelers, shims, templates, bolts, clamps, and wrenches. Adjusts ram stroke to specified length.
- Positions work piece against fixtures or stops on machine bed or on die. Starts press and observes operation to detect misalignment or malfunction.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces, adhering to blueprint or customer specifications.
- Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions and to determine need for adjustments or repairs.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers.
- Clean and lubricate machines, tools, and equipment in order to remove grease, rust, stains, and foreign matter.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements