- Applies standard design techniques and procedures exercising judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications to design concepts.
- Receives instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features and assistance in deriving possible solutions to unusual problems.
- Coordinates and directs the work effort of designers on the same project with some responsibility for checking portions of the completed drawings.
- Prepares addendums and bulletins. Initiates project change orders for submittal to the project manager.
- Attends construction meetings and produces site observation reports and final punch list. May trouble-shoot design problems in the field during construction.
- Develops an understanding for other discipline's needs and requirements and relates them to own discipline and total project scope.
- Researches design options and documents findings for project engineer/architect.
- Checks design calculations and drawings.
- Processes shop drawings, checks to ensure quality accuracy and completeness.
- Has frequent external customer contact.
- May be requested to attend training to develop supervisory skills.
- May serve as lead on single discipline projects.
- May write portions of specifications and assist in preparing design and construction cost estimates.
- Travel potential but not required.
- Valid driver's license required. May be waived for international assignments.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Associate degree in the engineering or architectural fields preferred.
- Proficiency in Revit is required.
- Able to conduct field verification for routing plans including climbing ladders, suiting up in a cleanroom suit, and some verification under 2ft raised floor while wearing a cleanroom suit
- Able to understand the need for and develop installation details.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD 2D is required.
- Self-motivation to clarify scope of work, anticipate issues, propose options and find cost-effective or schedule driven solutions. Problem-solving and flexibility in fast-paced environment. Ability to provide clear direction and expectations to designers and contractors. Practical field-experience with active involvement in construction areas preferred. High tolerance for ambiguity and change.