Bowling Green, OH 43402
- Will perform a variety of multi trade functions, such as the installation, maintenance or repair of equipment, machinery, and facility; for the generation, distribution and utilization of electrical energy.
- Perform any duties necessary to maintain machinery, equipment, systems or facilities in a state of good, safe working condition, including troubleshooting, repair, installation, remove and replacement, basic design, advanced fabrication, adjustment, rebuilding, welding, etc.
- Work involves replacing electrical components, switches, fixtures, wires, fuses, motors, and circuit breakers, as well as making recommendations of suitable substitutes.
- Work on transformers, controllers, switching relays and contractors, timers, heating devices, disconnects, thermocouples, solenoid values, lights.
- Rewire machinery to update specifications, punch holes in boxes, assemble electrical panels, locate, diagnose and repair machinery with electrical problems.
- Read blueprints, engineering sketches or designs; recognize and interpret details as well as slight variations in objects and use analytical skills.
- Perform standard computations relating to load requirements of electrical consumers and size for the proper wire and safety devices.
- Fit bearings, align and synchronize gears, connect belts and chains, replace seals and gaskets and torque fasteners.
- Perform tasks relating to the building facility, utilities and outside grounds, when requested.
- Run tube, hose or piping, for air, water, gas, steam, hydraulic fluid or process system and have a basic understanding of force related to pressure and workings of a hydraulic power unit.
- Work with rigging and scaffolding, using ropes, chains, cables, hoists, jacks and lift trucks to move heavy equipment.
- Ability to operate stationary machines and powered hand tools are a must. Will occasionally perform welding and cutting torch operations.
- Use precision measuring instruments, and understand how things fit and work together.
- Work closely with an engineer on a special project or task, and must be able to effectively communicate on issues such as scope of work, completion schedules, problems, solutions, materials or parts required, etc.
- Requires extensive knowledge of Maintenance facilities/equipment practices and procedures.