Jr. Structural Engineer
- Performs a variety of routine engineering assignments under the direction of a supervisor with increasing responsibility based on performance.
- Consults with supervisor to screen assignments for unusual or difficult problems and selects appropriate methods and techniques to apply.
- Receives close supervision on new aspects of assignment but has some freedom to exercise judgment in making engineering decisions.
- Works under the direction of a supervisor on specific and limited portions of a broader assignment that requires some supervision.
- Drafts interpretation of own design into completed working drawings and applies engineering fundamentals to design.
- May be assisted by a designer, but usually assumes no responsibility for direction of others.
- Performs routine calculations and work on PC system.
- Organizes and maintains project design notebook.
- Communicates with supervisor concerning progress or problems in an assigned task.
- Performs design work on CADD.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, which qualifies for licensure in the state of practice, is required.
- EIT preferred with a minimum one (1) year experience, or the same educational requirements as above with two (2) or more years of related practical experience with former employer(s).
- Must have experience with AutoCAD or REVIT
- Experience with structural analysis software such as RISA or STAAD is preferred.
- Candidates should have schooling, or experience, with seismic codes.