- Determine, select, and specify instrumentation and controls required to monitor, operate and control mechanical, process, and electrical systems.
- Provide input on / develop P&ID's.
- Produce logic diagrams, control narratives (sequence of operations) and wiring diagrams.
- Develop instrument index.
- Interpret and apply codes, job procedures, standards, and specifications.
- Interface with other design disciplines.
- Provide field assistance as required.
- Monitor and review on-site installation, start-up and operation of instrumentation and controls.
- Perform inspections of equipment as required.
- PLC/HMI Architecture Design including Ethernet, ControlNet and Remote I/O.
- Travel, as required, to ensure the successful execution of project and/or department goals.
- Develop control panel designs
- -Select and specify instruments and control valves.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Minimum of five years design experience in Instrumentation and Controls.
- Ability to lead industrial facilities design and construction projects.
- Ability to quickly understand network layout and I/O diagrams.
- Intermediate to excellent computer skills with MS Windows XP, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong communication and impromptu problem solving skills.
- Ability to follow through in a self-motivated fashion.
- Ability to work in a cost-effective, customer-focused, team-based environment.
- Understanding and skills in assessing a customer's requirements/needs in the field.
- Mechanical or Chemical Knowledge is a plus.
- Revit knowledge is preferred
- PLC and HMI programming experience a plus