Instrumentation and Controls Engineer
Portland, OR 97035
- Determine, select, and specify instrumentation and controls required to monitor, operate and control mechanical, process, and electrical systems.
- Provide input on / develop P&ID' s.
- Produce logic diagrams, control narratives (sequence of operations) and wiring diagrams.
- Develop instrument index.
- Interpret and apply codes, job procedures, standards, and specifications.
- Interface with other design disciplines.
- Provide field assistance as required.
- Monitor and review on-site installation, start-up and operation of instrumentation and controls.
- Perform inspections of equipment as required.
- PLC/HMI Architecture Design including Ethernet, ControlNet and Remote I/O.
- Travel, as required, to ensure the successful execution of project and/or department goals.
- Develop control panel designs.
- Select and specify instruments and control valves.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Minimum of five years design experience in Instrumentation and Controls.
- Ability to lead industrial facilities design and construction projects.
- Ability to quickly understand network layout and I/O diagrams.
- Intermediate to excellent computer skills with MS Windows XP, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Revit knowledge is preferred.
- PLC and HMI programming experience a plus.
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(k) with a company match; paid holidays and vacations; tuition reimbursement. To learn more, go to www.Wehirepeople.Com or click below to directly contact your recruiter.