Field Service Engineer
Integrated Talent Strategies is seeking a Field Service Engineer in the Columbus, OH area. This individual works in the customers facilities assisting with installations, modifying or repairing automation equipment, robots and provides training.
- This individual must be able to determine the nature of the problem and how to resolve situations in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- The candidate will work from blue prints, schematics, sketches, etc.
- This person must be familiar with electrical and mechanical devices and programming.
- Strong robotic or PLC experience a plus.
- This position travels extensively throughout the Unites States, Canada and Mexico. Travel is between 50-70%. Weekends are not routinely scheduled but may be assigned as needed.
- This position has contact with a variety of people and personalities. The major focus of this position is to assist customers with their service needs, training needs, and assist with the set up of new equipment. Collaborative relationships between the members of Service, Sales, Engineering and the production areas must be developed and maintained.
- The major challenges to this position are coordinating the objectives of the Service Department with the sometimes conflicting demands of customers, staff, and suppliers.
- This position also protects the best interests when dealing with outside individuals and organizations.
Special Skill Set for the Field Service Engineer:
- Associates Degree in electrical or mechanical engineering technology with an electronics background or equivalent experience preferred, Bachelor s degree is desired.
- Two years experience in electro-mechanical repairs desired.
- Excellent technical and troubleshooting skills under pressure.
- Computer literacy required.
- Good communication, leadership and organizational skills required.
- Possess a valid Driver s license acceptable to company insurance carrier; must be able to rent a car.
- Possess a valid United States Passport.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Assist in training customers and less skilled Field Service Engineers.