Estimating Engineer (Self Perform)
- Prepare complete quantity take-offs, analysis, estimate, and studies for all items incorporated in the assigned scope.
- Perform a constructability analysis through the identification of design and constructability issues.
- Develop a value analysis by defining alternatives to the proposed scope that are more cost-efficient.
- Liaison with subcontractors, design team (architects, engineers, consultants) and client.
- Prepare detailed estimate of entire scope of assigned trades, building system, and/or overall project cost.
- Prepare and assemble bids and proposals for different contract types (lump sum, GMP, Cost Plus, etc.)
- Analyze existing site conditions and all contract documents (plans, specifications, etc.) to determine any required scope that is not indicated.
- Prepare scope requisitions for assigned trades; coordinate with fellow estimators to eliminate scope gaps and overlaps.
- Work with operations staff and fellow estimators to ensure that general conditions and general requirements items are properly addressed in the estimate.
- Obtain and evaluate subcontractor proposals relative to their scope of work. Determine if scope is covered and manage risk of scope gaps.
- Make recommendations to Chief Estimator and client for contemplated expenditures.
- Supervise Assistant Estimating Engineers, Estimating Assistants and/or Interns as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management or engineering
- 2 years' related experience, will consider training and co-ops as experience
- Proven written and verbal communication abilities
- Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.