- This position oversees the engineering, design and quality assurance of mechanical, civil and process piping (water, hydraulics and pneumatics).
- Managerial responsibilities including department budgets, capital spending, employee performance and evaluation.
- Planning and directing all aspects of mechanical engineering activities.
- Providing guidance and technical leadership to the mechanical engineering team to design industrial electro-mechanical equipment.
- Interfacing with customers and vendors to ensure product performance to customer specifications and to appropriate standards.
- Managing the mechanical engineering department' s internal and external resources, monitoring workloads, evaluating performance, and ensuring timely completion of assignments and commitments.
- Coordinating work priorities to meet schedules based on communication with Project Managers.
- Providing Sales with application support, technical specification reviews, and engineering estimations.
- Adhering to company and department directives, procedures, and goals and objectives to govern daily activities.
- Providing direction to manufacturing resources to resolve problems, develop process flow, alternate material selection, thermal and surface treatments.
- Defining department budgets, oversee resource planning, and execution of key metrics.
- Continually analyzing department processes for the enhancements of quality, cost reduction, and throughput.
- Supplementing engineering resources to prepare mechanical design concepts, layouts, and detailed engineering to maintain project schedules.
- Approving engineering documentation to ensure a professional grade product that is accurate and on time.
- Providing engineering support to resolve technical problems.
- Working closely with Human Resource to coordinate and implement training to develop employees.
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field preferred.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 3 to 5 years of management experience.
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft Office.
- Good communication, management and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects.
- Hands-on, team oriented individual possessing strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work successfully across all disciplines.
About Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS)
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. Founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to remain a strategic partner for the job seeker.
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business today. Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(k) with a company match; paid holidays and vacations; tuition reimbursement. To learn more, go to www.Wehirepeople.Com or click below to directly contact your recruiter.