- This position oversees the engineering, design and quality assurance of mechanical, civil and process piping (water, hydraulics and pneumatics).
- Managerial responsibilities including department budgets, capital spending, employee performance and evaluation.
- Planning and directing all aspects of mechanical engineering activities.
- Providing guidance and technical leadership to the mechanical engineering team to design industrial electro-mechanical equipment.
- Interfacing with customers and vendors to ensure product performance to customer specifications and to appropriate standards.
- Managing the mechanical engineering department' s internal and external resources, monitoring workloads, evaluating performance, and ensuring timely completion of assignments and commitments.
- Coordinating work priorities to meet schedules based on communication with Project Managers.
- Providing Sales with application support, technical specification reviews, and engineering estimations.
- Adhering to company and department directives, procedures, and goals and objectives to govern daily activities.
- Providing direction to manufacturing resources to resolve problems, develop process flow, alternate material selection, thermal and surface treatments.
- Defining department budgets, oversee resource planning, and execution of key metrics.
- Continually analyzing department processes for the enhancements of quality, cost reduction, and throughput.
- Supplementing engineering resources to prepare mechanical design concepts, layouts, and detailed engineering to maintain project schedules.
- Approving engineering documentation to ensure a professional grade product that is accurate and on time.
- Providing engineering support to resolve technical problems.
- Working closely with Human Resource to coordinate and implement training to develop employees.
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field preferred.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 3 to 5 years of management experience.
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft Office.
- Good communication, management and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects.
- Hands-on, team oriented individual possessing strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work successfully across all disciplines.