Electrical Engineer will be responsible for evaluating, selecting, and applying standard engineering methods and techniques on work of small projects or on portions of larger projects. Primary duties and responsibilities will include design from concept programming through execution, system start-up, commissioning, and integration planning, while ensuring code compliance of designs. Knowledge of primary and secondary (Low voltage) normal power distribution systems, emergency power distribution systems, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) and associated power distribution systems with emphasis on facility redundancy and reliability. Experience with auxiliary systems including grounding, lightning protection, fire alarm, early warning smoke detection, gas monitoring, leak detection, security and telecommunications systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Licensed PE required
- Min of 6 years of experience in industrial and advanced tech facilities preferred, extensive experience in commercial power distribution design will also be considered.
- Familiarity with applicable codes & standards, including the NEC (National Electrical Code).
- General knowledge of monitoring and control of industrial systems a plus.
- Experience with isolated primary (Medium voltage) normal power distribution systems a plus.