Candidate shall have a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering and have the following electrical engineering skills:
At a minimum:
- Basic understating of substations and the equipment in them including protective relaying and controls.
- Basic understanding of single line drawings, schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Basic understating of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and AutoCAD.
- Able to perform the following daily tasks:
- Review and compare information stored in a database to information found on substation drawings.
- AutoCAD is used to view and print out substation drawings.
- Document differences and record in a database.
- Document a summary of discrepancies using a package of Excel and Word.
- High voltage substation design.
- Field work in substations.
- Medium voltage electrical design
- Relaying and control design and operation