The Electrical Revit Designer will be responsible for performing electrical design for complex industrial buildings.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Work independently (with limited technical guidance), performs electrical design functions and calculations in branch circuit design, motor feeder design, sizing of over current protection, raceway fill, separation of Class 1, 2 and 3 circuits, as well as other aspects of compliant electrical code designs.
- Perform on-site field verification of existing systems.
- Interface with CAD lead to prepare complete construction drawings.
- Coordinate with other disciplines throughout design phase of projects.
- Lighting design including calculations, layouts, and energy compliance.
- Design of feeders/branch circuits, telecom, security, and/or life safety systems.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Minimum of two years experience as an Electrical Designer.
- Knowledge of new and/or existing commercial, light industrial, and high-tech manufacturing facilities.
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code requirements.
- Computer skills with MS Windows XP, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Proficient use of AutoCAD required, 3D a plus.
- Effective communication and impromptu problem solving skills.
- Ability to work efficiently in a cost-effective and timely basis.
- Understanding and skill in assessing a customer's requirements/needs in the field.
- Revit electrical experience required.
- Easy Power or SKM electrical modeling software knowledge a plus.